Planning privacy notice
This privacy notice is designed to help you understand how and why the planning department processes your personal data. This notice should be read in conjunction with the council’s corporate privacy notice and other purpose-specific notices which can be found at the end of this page.
Who are we?
Richmondshire District Council is a ‘Data Controller’ as defined by Article 4(7) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The council has appointed Veritau Ltd to be its data protection officer. Their contact details are:
Information Governance Office
Tel: 01609 532526
What personal information do we collect?
- Contact telephone numbers
- Contact email addresses
- Business plans
- Payment details
- Payments made
Why do we collect your personal information?
- Statutory requirements for processing planning applications eg land charges register
- Investigating breaches of planning control
- Service improvement and local planning
- To facilitate and encourage community engagement in climate change action
Who do we share this information with?
- Government departments
- Service partners
- Other council departments
- Community partners involved in climate change action
How long do we keep your information for?
However, personal data collected for climate change work will be destroyed if it is not used for communication for 12 months since its last use.
What is our lawful basis for processing your information?
We process your personal information in accordance with our public task and legal obligations including:
- The Town and Country Planning Act 1990
- Local Government Act 1972
- Localism Act 2011
- Planning Act 2008
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
- Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 Housing and Planning Act 2016
- Personal consent for data collected for climate action work
For more information about how the council uses your data, including your privacy rights and the complaints process, please see our corporate privacy notice.