This privacy notice is designed to help you understand how and why the lifeline service process your personal data. This notice should be read in conjunction with the council’s corporate privacy notice and other purpose-specific notices which can be found at the end of this page.
Who are we?
Richmondshire District Council is a ‘Data Controller’ as defined by Article 4(7) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The council has appointed Veritau Ltd to be its data protection officer. Their contact details are:
Information Governance Office
What personal information do we collect?
- Health information
- Contact telephone numbers
- Contact numbers of relatives
- Security access information
- Date of birth
- Bank account details
Why do we collect your personal information?
- To provide call centre and on site response services to our customers in the event of them activating their emergency call
- To meet the terms of the contract we have with customers
Who do we share this information with?
- Our call centre provider
- Emergency services if needed
- Medical and social care agencies if needed
How long do we keep your information for?
As long as we need the information to provide the service to our customers
What is our lawful basis for processing your information?
We process your personal information in accordance with GDPR Article 6 (1)(e) processing necessary for the performance of a contract
For more information about how the council uses your data, including your privacy rights and the complaints process, please see our corporate privacy notice.