Licensing privacy notice
This privacy notice is designed to help you understand how and why the licensing service process your personal data. This notice should be read in conjunction with the council’s corporate privacy notice and other purpose-specific notices which can be found at the end of this page.
Who are we?
Richmondshire District Council is a ‘Data Controller’ as defined by Article 4(7) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The council has appointed Veritau Ltd to be its data protection officer. Their contact details are:
Information Governance Office
What personal information do we collect?
- Contact telephone numbers
- Contact email addresses
- Payment details
- Payments made
- Audio recordings
- Date and place of birth
- Ownership or rental details
Why do we collect your personal information?
- Statutory requirements
- Regulatory, licensing and enforcement functions
- Service improvement and planning
Who do we share this information with?
- Service partners including police, social services, Public Health England, Environment Agency
- Government departments
- Immigration services
How long do we keep your information for?
- Retained in line with licensing: (5 years – indefinitely)
What is our lawful basis for processing your information?
We process your personal information in accordance with our public task and legal obligations including:
- Licensing Act 2003
- Town Police Clauses Act 1847
- Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions Act (1982)
- Gambling Act 2005
- Animal Boarding Establishments 1963
- Lotteries and Amusement Acts 1976
- Scrap Metal Dealers Act 2013
- Police, Factories (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1916
- House to House Collections Act 1939
For more information about how the council uses your data, including your privacy rights and the complaints process, please see our corporate privacy notice.