This privacy notice is designed to help you understand how and why landlord services process your personal data. This notice should be read in conjunction with the council’s corporate privacy notice and other purpose-specific notices which can be found at the end of this page.
Who are we?
Richmondshire District Council is a ‘Data Controller’ as defined by Article 4(7) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The council has appointed Veritau Ltd to be its data protection officer. Their contact details are:
Information Governance Office
What personal information do we collect?
- Contact telephone numbers
- Contact email addresses
- Bank details
- Payments made
- Recovery/enforcement action taken
- Employment details
- Unemployment details
- Welfare benefit details
- Medical information in certain circumstances
Why do we collect your personal information?
- Statutory requirements, e.g. reporting to government
- Collection of accommodation rent, garage rent, support charges and service charges
- Collection of arrears/debt
- Prevention and detection of crime including tenancy fraud
- Service planning and improvement
- Allocation of social housing, garages and commercial units
- Undertake repairs, maintenance and service requirements as detailed within prevailing legislation
Who do we share this information with?
We may share information with:
- Judicial agencies i.e. Courts
- Government departments i.e. DWP
- North Yorkshire County Council/Adult Services/Children Services/Occupational Therapist
- Police authority
- Health authority
- Support agencies i.e. DISC, IDAS
- Council appointed contractors
- Other local authorities and registered providers
How long do we keep your information for?
- In accordance with the Local Government Finance Act
- In accordance with the Housing Act 1985
What is our lawful basis for processing your information?
We process your personal information in accordance with our public task and legal obligations including:
- Housing Act 1985
- Gas Safety Regulations and Code of Guidance
- Article 6 General Data Protection Regulation 2018:
- 6(1)b Performance of a Contract
- 6(1)c Compliance with Legal Duty
- 6(1)e Public task/interest
For more information about how the council uses your data, including your privacy rights and the complaints process, please see our corporate privacy notice.