This privacy notice is designed to help you understand how and why Richmondshire Home Improvement Agency process your personal data. This notice should be read in conjunction with the council’s corporate privacy notice and other purpose-specific notices which can be found at the end of this page.
Who are we?
Richmondshire District Council is a ‘Data Controller’ as defined by Article 4(7) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The council has appointed Veritau Ltd to be its data protection officer. Their contact details are:
Information Governance Office
Tel: 01609 532526
What personal information do we collect?
- Contact telephone numbers
- Contact email addresses
- National insurance number
- Medical condition
- Employment details
- Self-employment details , ie. profit and loss accounts
- Pay slips
- Bank accounts
- Pension details
- Benefit entitlement
- Proof of property ownership, ie. land registry details
- Landlord contact details
Why do we collect your personal information?
- Statutory requirements eg the council is required by law to carry out a financial assessment on applicants for disabled facilities grants (unless in receipt of specified benefits)
- To enable grant applications to be processed and adaptations carried out
Who do we share this information with?
We may share your information with:
- North Yorkshire County Council Health and Adult Services (not financial information)
- Contractors carrying out adaptation works (basic contact information only)
How long do we keep your information for?
- Up to ten years from the date of completion of works, where local land charge has been registered
What is our lawful basis for processing your information?
We process your personal information in accordance with our public task and legal obligations including:
- Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996
- Regulatory Reform (Housing Assistance) (England and Wales) Order 2002
- The Housing Renewal Grants (England) Regulations 2009
For more information about how the council uses your data, including your privacy rights and the complaints process, please see our corporate privacy notice.