This privacy notice is designed to help you understand how and why finance and improvement process your personal data. This notice should be read in conjunction with the council’s corporate privacy notice and other purpose-specific notices which can be found at the end of this page.
Who are we?
Richmondshire District Council is a ‘Data Controller’ as defined by Article 4(7) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The council has appointed Veritau Ltd to be its data protection officer. Their contact details are:
Information Governance Office
Tel: 01609 532526
What personal information do we collect?
- Contact telephone numbers
- Contact email addresses
- Bank details
- Payments made
- Income and expenditure info
- Supplier information
Why do we collect your personal information?
- Statutory requirements eg reporting to government
- Regulatory, licensing and enforcement functions
- Prevention and detection of crime inc fraud
- Recording the receipt of income
- Collection of debt
- Collection of overpaid benefits
- Service improvement and planning
Who do we share this information with?
- Government departments
- Immigration services
- Local taxation
- North Yorkshire County Council
- Housing options
How long do we keep your information for?
- Judicial agencies ie courts
- Government departments eg HMRC/DWP
What is our lawful basis for processing your information?
We process your personal information in accordance with our public task and legal obligations including:
- The Local Government Finance Act 1988
- The Local Government Finance Act 1992
- The Localism Act 2011
- Local Government Act 2003
For more information about how the council uses your data, including your privacy rights and the complaints process, please see our corporate privacy notice.