This privacy notice is designed to help you understand how and why the business and community consultation officer processes your personal data. This notice should be read in conjunction with the council’s corporate privacy notice and other purpose-specific notices which can be found at the end of this page.
Who are we?
Richmondshire District Council is a ‘Data Controller’ as defined by Article 4(7) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The council has appointed Veritau Ltd to be its data protection officer. Their contact details are:
Information Governance Office
What personal information do we collect?
- Postal addresses
- Email addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Financial information
- Business information
- Demographic information e.g. gender, age, disability and ethnicity
Why do we collect your personal information?
- To inform and direct council services to reach the right customers
- To make sure council services are being delivered fairly and equally
- To improve council services by targeting them at the right people
- Data collected on behalf of community groups can be used in a variety of ways e.g. to inform a parish plan, evidence for funding applications, improve village hall facilities
Who do we share this information with?
- District council officers requesting consultation/survey
- Community group or parish council requesting consultation/survey
How long do we keep your information for?
- Statistical information is kept indefinitely
- Personal information is kept for six years maximum
For more information about how the council uses your data, including your privacy rights and the complaints process, please see our corporate privacy notice.