This privacy notice is designed to help you understand how and why business and community process your personal data. This notice should be read in conjunction with the council’s corporate privacy notice and other purpose-specific notices which can be found at the end of this page.
Who are we?
Richmondshire District Council is a ‘Data Controller’ as defined by Article 4(7) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The council has appointed Veritau Ltd to be its data protection officer. Their contact details are:
Information Governance Office
What personal information do we collect?
- Business information including email addresses, telephone numbers, financial information, addresses
- We also process health related information for our aged veteran’s project
Why do we collect your personal information?
- To send details of business related services
- To send community related information
- To enable us to process grant applications
- To enable us to work with them within our programmes e.g aged veterans project
Who do we share this information with?
- Aged veterans project shared with Community First Yorkshire under an agreement
How long do we keep your information for?
- Personal information is only kept if we have a statutory or organisational need to retain it
- Financial information is retained for 7 years
- Contact details are kept for as long as the customer is involved with the service
What is our lawful basis for processing your information?
The information we process is based on your consent, in line with Article 6(1)(a) of GDPR.
For more information about how the council uses your data, including your privacy rights and the complaints process, please see our corporate privacy notice.