The Richmondshire website uses the following access keys, which follow Government guidelines:
- S - Skip Navigation
- 1 - Home page
- 3 - Site map
- 0 - Access Key Details
How to use these keys
Chrome/Firefox - hold down the 'Alt' key and press the assigned key on the keyboard
Internet Explorer - do the same but also press the 'enter' key to navigate to a page
Hold down the left-hand 'Control' key and press the assigned key on the keyboard
Font size and type
The website's default paragraph font is currently set to 18px using the Avenir font. If you wish to change any of these settings please use the buttons below. These changes will be saved and will be used while you are on the Richmondshire website.
The website can be displayed in three different colour contrasts. These are listed below. Please select one to change the colour contrast. These changes will be saved and will be used while you are on the Richmondshire website.
- White text with a black background
- Black text with a yellow background
- Black text with a white background (default)
AbilityNet provides guidance about how to:
- make your mouse easier to use
- use your keyboard instead of a mouse
- talk to your device
- make your device talk to you
- make text larger
- change your colours
- magnify the screen
Need help using our website? Use the ReachDeck toolbar located at the top of each web page if you struggle with reading, have a visual impairment, or prefer to read in your own language.
Using the free ReachDeck software will help you to read, listen and translate our website pages and associated PDF documents. The software is suitable to use on your computer, smartphone or tablet.
How does ReachDeck help?
Click on the orange 'speak' button located in the header at the top of all our website pages. This will launch the ReachDeck toolbar. You will see it dock to the top of your screen. Now click on the first 'pointed finger' icon on the toolbar and hover your mouse pointer over any text on our site to hear it read out loud.
The software has a number of features including:
- text to speech - click on or select any text to hear it read aloud
- translation - translate content into over 100 languages
- text magnification - enlarge text and hear it read out loud
- MP3 generation - covert selected text into an MP3 audio file
- screen mask - reduce glare with a tinited mask
- web page simplifier - remove clutter from the screen to display only the main text