Grade 15 (SCP 47-49) £41,967- £43,821pa
Full Time, 37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity to manage our Planning Service in one of the most attractive rural locations in the Country.
This is an exciting time to join the authority as we are about to embark upon a period of unprecedented growth with the development of a new Super Garrison and Town Centre at Catterick and a proposed new retail village at Scotch Corner. We have an adopted Core Strategy which we are about to review against the background of achieving our housing target, delivering on our five year land supply and support for new Community Led Housing projects.
Planning is one of our most high profile services and the role will require close working with both elected Members and our Partners such as the Yorkshire Dales National Park, the MoD and community housing groups.
We are looking to recruit an individual with commitment and a high level of performance who can develop and improve upon the service and deliver these high profile projects.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Providing clear leadership and management to both the development control and planning policy teams and liaising with the Senior Management Team.
- Developing working relationships with key partners such as Yorkshire Dales National Park, North Yorkshire County Council, the MoD and Parishes
- Leading the work of the Planning Committee and Local Plan Working Group
- Developing improvements in service delivery and ensuring that the service continues to meet the needs of customers and meets the demands of changing legislation.
You will have a strong leadership style, an ability to manage change and the experience and ability to communicate clearly to both professionals and members of the public.
Richmondshire offers a beautiful rural location in which to live but an exciting and challenging professional environment in which to work.
For further information please contact Callum McKeon Corporate Director Strategic and Regulatory Services on 01748 901003
An application form must be completed (see below for link to Application Form). CVs alone will not be accepted.
You can return your application form either by:
- post to Human Resources, Mercury House, Station Road, Richmond, North Yorkshire, DL10 4JX Tel: 01748 901025
Applications must be received by 10am Monday, 3 July 2017
Interview date is scheduled for Thursday, 20 July 2017
We value diversity in our workforce and are committed to equal opportunities. Disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria are guaranteed an interview. Applications invited from all sectors of society, as covered by the Equality Act 2010.