Business Environment Advice
Page under construction
Advice and Information for Businesses
- Richmondshire District Council's Business Waste Handbook has advice on how your business can save money through waste elimination, minimisation, re-using, recycling and disposal, including details of lots of useful contacts to help you with advice and funding on resource and energy efficiency issues.
- Investors in the Environment is a not for profit environmental accreditation scheme, designed to help the business sector save money and reduce their impact on the environment.
- The Carbon Trust website is mainly tailored to larger businesses but it does have an online tool to help calculate how much your organisation can save with Empower.
- CO2Sense Yorkshire support businesses of all types to become greener through their Environment Voucher grants, but also offer active support if you're starting a business in the green sector e.g. involving renewable or low-carbon energy.
- The Energy Saving Trust - general information and advice on energy saving
The north of Richmondshire falls into the Northumbrian Water Company area and the rest is covered by Yorkshire Water area. The water supply and sewerage areas overlap and in these areas water is supplied by one company and sewerage services by the other.
- Yorkshire Water PO BOX52, Bradford, BD3 7YD, Telephone : 0845 1242424, Fax : 01274 372800
- Northumbrian Water, Abbey Road, Pity Me, Durham, DH1 5FJ, Telephone: 08457 171 100 Fax: 0191 384 1920