How, When & Where to Pay Your Council Tax
Payments should be made as shown on the front of your bill. If you wish to make fewer payments than stated, please ensure that you are always paying in advance of the instalments due, e.g. half yearly payments will be accepted if 5 instalments are paid in April and the remaining 5 in September.
Payment can also be made in full on or before the date of the first instalment shown on the front of your bill.
Taxpayers can now choose to spread your payments over 12 months instead of the statutory 10. Please contact us before 15 April so that we can send you a new bill in time.
You can pay your Council Tax by any of the following methods:
If you have already arranged to pay your account by Direct Debit, no further action is required and details of your payments will be shown on the front of your bill. If you do not pay by Direct Debit you may like to consider the benefits of paying by this method.
* No cheques to write * No paperwork * No postage * No queuing * Timely payment, even if you are busy or away * A Direct Debit guarantee to protect you *
If you wish to pay by Direct Debit please call us on 01748 829100, or alternatively print off a Direct Debit instruction to complete and return to Mercury House, Station Road, Richmond. North Yorkshire, DL10 4JXE.
The Direct Debit Guarantee states:
- This Guarantee is offered by all banks and Building Societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit Richmondshire District Council will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request Richmondshire District Council to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount of your Direct Debit by Richmondshire District Council will be given to you at the time of your request.
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit by Richmondshire District Council or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society.
- If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when Richmondshire District Council asks you to.
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.
Please click the link below and you will be taken to our Pay Online Internet Service hosted by CIVICA:
To make a payment please telephone 0845 078 1191 * (24/7 – 365 days a year)
* Please note that calls to this number will cost you 3 pence per minute plus your phone company’s access charge.
Click here for more information on opening times
Always remember to keep your receipt when paying by cash and please do not send cash in the post.
Either in person at one of the Council's Community Offices or by post to: Mercury House, Station Road, Richmond. North Yorkshire, DL10 4JXE.
Cheques should be made payable to Richmondshire district council, with your Council Tax account number written on the back.
Post-dated cheques will not be accepted.
Non payment of any instalment by the due date may lead to the whole of the remaining balance becoming due in one amount with additional costs.