MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A VOTE
The voters list (Register of Electors) is the list of everyone
who is entitled to vote. We update it every year using the details
from the registration form you receive each autumn from
Richmondshire District Council.
The revised Register will be published on 17 February
Look out for the Voters' Form arriving from the Council in the
IF YOU DO NOT REGISTER - you will forfeit your
right to vote at any election during the year.
IF YOU DO NOT REGISTER - "The electoral
register is used by credit agencies to verify residency - failure
to appear on the register may therefore affect any credit
applications which you may make".
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU COMPLETE AND RETURN THE FORM AS
SOON AS POSSIBLE!
You can only vote in elections if your name is on the Voters'
List (Register of Electors). We update the register every autumn.
But we can also add names throughout the year. Moved home? Coming
up to 18? Just not on the register?
The Electoral Registration
Officer makes and keeps two versions of the electoral register -
the full register and the edited register. See Full and
Edited Versions Explained
for further information.
Downloaded application form
Opting out until
- an example of wording which can be used
If your address is not in
Richmondshire District Council's area please return the form to
your local authority. To find out who is your local
authority click here
To view the pdf version you will
need Adobe Acrobat Reader.
follow this link
For details of accessibility options for citizens with special
requirements please visit the Access Adobe website at http://access.adobe.com/
Contact Details are
||If contacting the Electoral Team by email, please
provide the following information:
||Your address including the postcode.
||A contact telephone number (in case we need to clarify
||Details of your enquiry.
Updated: Electoral Team 30.9.13
Pages in this section
- Amendment to an entry
- How to amend an entry on the Voters' List
- Anonymous Registration
- Information on registering to vote as an anonymous elector
- European Union Citizens - European Parliament Voter Registration
- Information for Members of the European Union on registering to vote in the European Parliamentary Election in the UK.
- Full and Edited Versions
- Explanation on the two versions of the Voters' List - full and edited
- How to inspect the Register
- Details on how to inspect the Voters' List
- Living Abroad
- How to Register when living abroad
- Eligible nationalities to be registered as electors
- Service Voter Registration
- How to register as a service voter
- Two Homes
- Information on registering to vote if you have two homes
- Why Can't I Get Credit?
- Information about Why Can't get credit?
- How to Register as a young voter
- How to Register as a young voter during Rolling Registration procedure