Richmondshire Local Sports Association
Richmondshire Local Sports Association is made up of local people who all give their time voluntarily, including Local Councillors, Parish Councillors, School Teachers and Members/Representatives of local sports clubs. Regular meetings are held to discuss the current issues facing local sports clubs and organisations.
Thank you to all who affiliated in 2014 enabling the Sports Association to give £1,590 in grants to young people to assist with the costs of their participation in sport. It is hoped this year to continue supporting as many young people of Richmondshire as possible. Also during 2014/15 the Association was successful in obtaining a grant from Richmondshire District Council's Communities Opportunity Fund which enabled us to offer for the first time a Sports Club Grant scheme which saw £2,500 given to clubs for sports equipment.
If you would like to apply for an individual grant then please download a form by clicking on the links in the table below. Please note applications need to be made by a paren, guardian or coach.
|Individual Grant Application Form||PDF Document||Word Document|
Please note the PDF document can either be printed or completed electronically and submitted automatically via the button at the bottom of the application.
Junior Sports Awards 2015
The Local Sports Association also took the initiative to set up and organise the Junior Sports Awards event in 1998, awarding numerous local young people for their contribution to sport and the recognition brought to Richmondshire through sport.
Due to the success of the event, the Local Sports Association has continued to organise the event. The 2015 Awards presentation took place on Wednesday, 19 November 2015 at Richmondshire Cricket Club, Hurgill Road, Richmond.
This year's award winners were:
- Alexander Lillie - Male Young Sportsperson of the Year (Hazel Burn (nee Wooff) Memorial Trophy) - donated by Richmondshire District Council
- Isabel Starkey - Female Young Sportsperson of the Year (May Ferguson Memorial Trophy) - donated by Richmondshire District Council
- Alfie Read - Male Best All Round Sportsperson (Malcolm Rogerson Memorial Trophy) - donated by Richmond Duck Club
- Katie Wood - Female Best All Round Sportsperson (Tricia Rogerson Memorial Trophy) - donated by Richmond Duck Club
- Joe Shields - Outstanding Sportsperson of the Year (Councillor Potts Memorial Shield) - donated by the Potts family
- Richmond School U13 Cricket Team - Team of the Year (Richmondshire Local Sports Association Silver Cup) - donated by Mr Peter Wood
- James Thornton - Male Up & Coming Sportsperson - donated by Richmondshire Leisure Trust
- Lily MacLeod - Female Up& Coming Sportsperson - donated by Mrs Melva Steckles
- George Cotterell - Special Achievement in Sport - donated by Mrs Jane Metcalfe
- Kieran Fryer - Male Contribution to Sport (Age 19 & Under) - donated by Richmondshire Youth Council
- Abby Blenkiron - Female Contribution to Sport (Age 19 & Under) - donated by Richmondshire Youth Council
- Victoria Auger - Coach of the Year - donated by Councillor John Blackie
- Eveline Pearson - Service to Sport Award (over 19's) (Noel Heaton Memorial Silver Salver) - donated by Richmondshire Local Sports Association
The Junior Sports Awards would not be the success it is without the support so kindly received from local and national business. This year Richmondshire Local Sports Association wishes to thank and acknowledge the support received from:
- Grand Central Railway, Northern House, 9 Rougier Street, York
- Colburn Town Council, Colburn Village Hall, Colburn, Catterick Garrison
- Richmondshire Cricket Club, Hurgill Road, Richmond
- Councillor Ian Threlfall, Uckerby, Scorton
- Best Light Images, Richmond Indoor Market, Market Place, Richmond
- Peter Wood, Colburn, Catterick Garrison
- Fairhursts, Middleham Key Centre, Park Lane, Middleham
- Ken Warne, 22 Market Place, Richmond
- Brompton-on-Swale Village Shop, 41-43 Richmond Road, Brompton-on-Swale, Richmond
- George Michie Ltd, 136 Northgate, Darlington
- Chas. Long & Son (Aggregates) Ltd, Woodside, Great North Road, Richmond
- Barrie's Ices & Refreshments, Catterick Bridge, Richmond
- Colburn Fisheries, 5 The Broadway, Colburn
If you require any further information about the Association then please contact either:
Tel: 01748 901016 (daytime)