Community and Living
Pensions, Finances and Allowances
Do you have queries about your pension, allowances or benefits you may be entitled to?
- Age UK: This is a link to Age UK's pages about claiming benefits which you have a right to.
- Citizens Advice Bureau: Link to the Citizens Advice Bureau advice guide for advice on your rights including money matters.
- Claiming Benefits: For information on what benefits you can claim through Richmondshire District Council
- Department of Work and Pensions: Government department providing advice and support on employment and pensions.
- Find your Local Citizens Advice Bureau: This is a link to the Citizens Advice Bureau find a local CAB pages.
- Help the Aged Financial Advice: Link to Help the Aged's pages providing financial advice including budgeting, tax, claiming benefits.
- HM Revenues & Customs Enquiry Centre: For answers to queries on tax, national insurance and child benefits.
- Money Made Clear: Link to the UK's financial watchdog the Financial Service Authority (FSA) and its "money made clear" pages. Cutting out the jargon and giving you just the facts about financial products and services, helping you to make an informed decision.
- Office of the Public Guardian: Providing support for people who may have difficulties making decisions about their finances, property and personal welfare.
- Pensions Advisory Service: the Pensions Advisory Service, is an independent non-profit organisation that provides free information, advice and guidance on the whole spectrum of pensions covering State, company, personal and stakeholder schemes.
- Pension Protection Fund: the Pension Protection Fund (PPF) was set up in April 2005 to protect you if your employer goes bust and its pension scheme can no longer afford to pay you your promised pension.
- Pension Service: this Government website provides information about pensions and pensioner benefits, for those planning for the future, about to retire or already retired.
- Pension Tracing Service: if you think you may have an old pension, but are not sure of the details, the Pension Tracing Service can usually help by tracing it for you, for free.
- Veterans Agency: in April 2007, the Ministry of Defence (MOD) officially launched the Service Personnel and Veterans Agency, aimed at improving personnel, pensions, welfare and support services to members of the Armed Forces and veterans.
- Which Elderly Care