CURRENT FUNDING SCHEMES
Yorkshire Dales Leader Programme
Yorkshire Dales LEADER Programme 2014 to 2020
The Yorkshire Dales LEADER Programme has been set up to address the problems of ‘rurality’ within the Yorkshire Dales, it is a multi-agency partnership which brings together representatives from voluntary sector organisations, public bodies and private businesses working in the Yorkshire Dales LEADER area.
In the Yorkshire Dales LEADER area we will seek to support actions/projects that fall within the following themes and meet one or more of the priorities:
1. Capitalising on the distinctive environment and cultural landscape
Our Priorities under this theme are to:
- Strengthen the tourism industry building on the cultural, heritage and natural assets and the Dales identity.
- Improve the sustainability for upland land management in the Dales.
- Support the development of the local bioenergy and renewable energy supply chains
2. Developing a diverse rural economy
Our Priorities for support under this theme are to:
- Support entrepreneurship and enable business growth.
- Encourage the participation of young people and women in rural enterprise.
3. Creating sustainable communities
Our Priority for support under this theme is to:
- Sustain and enhance rural services.
The Yorkshire Dales LEADER Programme will distribute £2.232 million for rural projects benefiting the area and the communities as outlined in the Map .
For further information please go to http://www.yorkshiredalesleader.co.uk/apply
Let's Grow Programme
The Let’s Grow Programme provides grants of between £25,000 and £1m to cover up to 20 per cent of your costs to invest, expand your business and create jobs. Let’s Grow is funded by the Government’s Regional Growth Fund and is managed by BE Group in partnership with Clive Owen LLP.
Who can apply?
SMEs that are based in York, North Yorkshire or the East Riding or are planning to invest there.
What will Let’s Grow funding contribute towards?
- Capital investment in land, buildings, plant, machinery and equipment
- Where you do not have a capital expenditure cost, we may be able to support the salaries of new employees – please contact us to discuss.
Am I eligible?
To receive funding you must be planning to spend at least £125,000 on eligible activity. You must also:
- Create or safeguard permanent jobs in York, North Yorkshire or the East Riding
- Offer good value for money in terms of value of grant per job created
- Make a clear case for needing grant support
- Have adequate private sector funding for the project
- Comply with State Aid regulations
How to apply
Eligible businesses can apply at any time while funding is available. To apply visit
RDPE Tourism Infrastructure and Food Processing Grants
Further information can be found here https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/rdpe-growth-programme
Northern Powerhouse Investment Fund
Provides finance for small to medium size businesses including a micro finance scheme aimed at kick starting activity for £25,000-£100,000, a growth finance scheme for £100,000-£750,000 and an equity scheme aimed at ambitious growth plans for up to £2 million. Further details can be found at www.npif.co.uk
Provides a range of financial packages to small businesses including loans, venture capital and growth funding. For further information please go to www.evgroup.uk.com