Business Grant Scheme 2014-15
UPDATE: Please note we are no longer accepting applications to this scheme. The scheme will re-open on 1st October 2015, further information on how to apply will be placed here at that time.
Small Business Grant Scheme 2014-15
The aim of the scheme is to support businesses with financial support to implement changes/improvements which will either increase their annual business turnover or create employment opportunities. The maximum grant available is £1,000 and the amount applied for should not exceed 75% of the total project costs.
A total of £60,000 has been set aside to allocate over the next two years with each scheme running from October to October - please note schemes in each year will close before October if the funds are allocated.
The following eligibility criteria apply:
- Businesses must be located within the boundary of Richmondshire
- Businesses must employ four or less full time equivalent employees
- The maximum grant available per business is £1,000
- Businesses should be solvent with a maximum of £25,000 in their business reserves
- Both existing and new/start up businesses are eligible to apply this year
- Businesses must have a Business Bank Account
Approvals through the Small Business Grant Scheme
Thirty-eight businesses were awarded a grant through the scheme, totalling £32,954.24. The grants have been towards business specific equipment, new websites and training courses and each business has been able to demonstrate that their purchases will help to increase their business turnover and/or create employment opportunities in the District.
The Scheme will re-open in October with £30,000 to allocate to businesses who have not previously been awarded grant support, details of which will be available before 1 October 2015.